When a plan falls through, well, sure, it causes stress, but then you improvise. We’re back with episode 20, as we explain why this episode was off the cuff, and why we think it turned out better than it could have. We turned our frown upside down and made the best of a stressful situation. How apropos!
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Mental health is important all year round, but we want to make sure that this month, especially, we highlight the ways that you can take care of your mental wellness, people who are doing so much in the industry, and just hope that we can be ambassadors ourselves in the way of mental health because really, that is the backbone of how Arner Adventures got started.
In this episode we chat about:
- People who are doing a ton of advocacy for mental health.
- Resources that we go to when we feel that we are needing some guidance for our own mental health.
- A great resource for finding a therapist who may be right for you.
- Positive digital email newsletters to start your day in an enlightening way.
- A May Mental Health Challenge that we recommend.
- Scout Sobel: HERE is the link where you can find information on her May Mental Health Challenge, her book, The Emotional Entrepreneur, and her podcast.
- Mental Health Match: a website where you can go, plug in the things you are looking for in a therapist, tools you would like to utilize in therapy, and the parameters to help match you with a therapist.
- FerrisBuilt: Lindsey donates 25% of the net proceeds from her products to mental health advocacy programs. We love her products!
- The Daily Good/The Good Trade: It is a 30-second newsletter created by the folks from The Good Trade, delivered to your inbox daily with carefully curated playlists, recipes, articles, job listings for sustainable companies, and self-care tips. It’s a positive way to start your digital day. Click HERE to sign-up for this newsletter.
- MindBodyGreen: a self-help website or social media profile that specializes in positive wellness for your mind, body, or ecology wellness. It is all about inspiring you to live your best life.
- Tiny Buddha: It’s a great resource if you are searching for affirmations, posts about happiness, love, relationships, change, meaning, mindfulness, spirituality, simplicity, minimalism, and more. You can also sign-up for their positive newsletter HERE. This is also a great way to start your digital day.
- Liberate: Liberate is a mental fitness studio that strengthens your mental muscles by working on goals you set. Tons of classes, meditations, special workshops, journaling prompts, and access to their wellness community group, for a monthly membership fee of $19/month. There is a 7-day trial so you can try it out and see if it is right for you.
- Nedra Tawwab: Nedra is a boundaries expert, NYT Bestselling Author, Relationship & Boundaries Expert. She wrote Set Boundaries, Find Peace. You can learn more about her and purchase her book HERE and sign up for Nedra Nuggets HERE.
- Sign-up to be “in the know” with our upcoming podcast guest list, and be able to submit questions before we record each episode.
- You can always find us on our blog or Instagram. Please let us know your thoughts on this episode or others. Your feedback means the world to us, so please send us a message and tell us what you think.
Thank you so much for listening. We are so honored that you’re here. If you loved this podcast, we would be so grateful if you could leave us a 5-star review. That way we can be inspired, inspire others, and continue to create more content! It means more than you know! 🙂