This spark in our lives episode guest is Piper Watson. Piper has gone from a successful solopreneur to founding and directing a non-profit makerspace that is the first of its kind in the world. She had 6 employees, 20 contracted educators, and 40 weekly volunteers. And then, she burned out.
Becoming so burnt out, Piper built a campervan, rented her house, sold her belongings, and went on a three-year adventure across eight countries with her husband and two dogs. She ran out of money multiple times, zapped her life savings, and learned how to navigate a pandemic.
Through these adventures, Piper learned about her own resilience, and ego, and how to move out of her own way to follow her true purpose in life. Now, Piper and her husband are both enjoying successful businesses doing their life’s work, and creating fulfillment each and every day by working with founders, CEOs, and creative captives to break out of the grind.
Piper Watson helps people do more of what they love!
We chat with Piper Watson about:
- The career path that led her to the nonprofit makerspace role
- Understanding what burnout feels like and advice for anyone dealing with extreme burnout
- What inspired Piper to spend 3 years in 8 different countries with her husband and two dogs in a campervan?
- The biggest life lessons Piper learned from traveling the world and how Piper integrated them into her business.
- Her resilience- falling down and getting up determined to succeed!
- Piper answers our Fast 5 questions, and the most important question we ask all of our guests, “what does a life well lived mean to you?”
- You can get connected and work with Piper Watson by visiting her website and follow her journey on Facebook or Instagram
- Sign-up to be “in the know” with our upcoming podcast guest list.
- You can always find us on our blog or Instagram.
- Please let us know your thoughts on this episode or others. Your feedback means the world to us, so please send us a message and tell us what you think.
- Looking for a sponsor we mentioned on this episode? You can find them here.
Thank you so much for listening. We are so honored that you’re here. If you loved this podcast, we would be so grateful if you could leave us a 5-star review/rating. That way we can be inspired, inspire others, and continue to create more content! It means more than you know! 🙂