This New Year’s Eve, we have a wonderful cocktail that is sure to get you excited about singing, “Auld Lang Syne” but with a steel drum beat. Ger’s sharing his famous “Island Champagne Punch!” It has been a hit for years at our holiday parties, and is a great celebratory cocktail to ring in 2022, on island time!
Island Champagne Punch
- 6 oz. fruit punch
- 5 oz. frozen strawberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 12 oz. water
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 16 oz. champagne
- 12 oz ginger ale
- Small mixture of white, brown, and yellow sugar
- Start by preparing your glasses. Moisten the top of the rim of a champagne or cocktail glass, and then dip into a mixture of white, brown, and yellow sugar. This will give the rim of your glass a “shimmer sand” look.
- Use a dish/bowl that has a spout that is easy to pour from, since you will be pouring into the glasses with the sugar rim.
- In the bowl, mix all ingredients above.
- Place 2-3 cubes of ice, carefully, into each prepared glass.
- Carefully pour the mixed ingredients into the prepared glasses.
Voila! Enjoy your Island Champagne Punch, preferably on island time!