It’s time for DIY summer cocktails at the Arner Abode! Some of you may not know that I (Gerry) was a bartender for a number of years. In fact, it is how Shannon and I met. We both worked at a restaurant together. Shannon was a server, and I, a bartender- a perfect love match. Those skills come in handy, especially around the summer, when boat drinks and cocktails flow freely by our backyard mini-pool, as we enjoy the sunshine.
We thought we would kick off a summer series of sharing some of the DIY summer cocktails we enjoy with you. The first, is what we like to call the “Arner Summer Strawberry Coconut Margarita.” This drink is a mix of one of Shannon’s faves: the strawberry margarita, and the coconut is a reminder of the caribbean, one of our favorite places to be, together. The perfect combo!
Arner Summer Strawberry Coconut Margarita
- 1 ½ cups ice
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup gold margarita mix (tequila and triple sec together)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- Sugar for garnish around the rim
- Pineapple wedge for garnish
- Rim two glasses with sugar. Dip the edges on a clean, wet cloth, and then on a plate of sugar.
- In a blender, combine all of the ingredients (except the pineapple), until smooth.
- Cut a triangle of pineapple, slit so that it will sit on the rim.
- Serve immediately.
- Enjoy your DIY summer cocktails with pride and joy!
Stay tuned for more DIY summer cocktails, as we continue to share more of what Gerry has at the bar, all season long. If you make any of our recipes, be sure to tag us so we can see your yummy concoctions, and we’ll share them. We’d also love to hear what you have going on at your bar this summer!