Today, we have a spark in our lives episode with a really interesting guest, Vicky Sosa. Vicky is a world traveler, blogger, and digital nomad. She is going to answer some questions about a topic that we have been getting a lot of questions about, house sitting while traveling. We talked about house sitting during Episode 34: Budget Friendly Vacation Ideas, and when we received questions about the topic, we knew we needed an expert to talk about it, and Vicky Sosa is the expert on house sitting while traveling!
Vicky is a Florida-based blogger traveling around the world with her stuffed monkey Buddy. Tired of the 9-5, she sold all of her stuff and started traveling full-time through house sitting. Her website “Buddy The Traveling Monkey” provides useful travel tips, inspiration, and destination guides.
We chat with Vicky Sosa about:
- How Buddy came into her life and the creation of the blog
- The catalyst of selling all of her stuff, living the nomad life
- House sitting– how does it work for Vicky Sosa? What is the lifestyle like?
- Pros/Cons of solo travel
- Work/life balance as a digital nomad
- Living outside of what is considered the “normal” lifestyle
- Would she change anything about her decision to live the life that she lives?
- Vicky answers our fast-five questions, and the most important question, “What does a life well lived mean to you?”
- To find Vicky Sosa, Buddy, and their blog: Buddy The Traveling Monkey
- Follow Vicky and Buddy on Instagram
- Vicky Sosa – information on how to start house sitting
- Vicky recommends using Trusted Housesitters – use discount code RAF79399 to receive 25% off of your sign-up
- Vicky’s blog post on how the army made her a better traveler
- Sign-up to be “in the know” with our upcoming podcast guest list.
- You can always find us on our blog or Instagram. Please let us know your thoughts on this episode or others. Your feedback means the world to us, so please send us a message and tell us what you think.
Thank you so much for listening. We are so honored that you’re here. If you loved this podcast, we would be so grateful if you could leave us a 5-star review. That way we can be inspired, inspire others, and continue to create more content! It means more than you know! 🙂