This episode is truly one of those that makes you say, wow! This guest rose to the top of our minds with the recent conversations of those who decide to take the great leap of faith to go after their dreams, except our guest did it before the pandemic. This woman’s guts and gusto and so much more, makes her a “A Spark in Our Lives” and is why we couldn’t wait to have her on the show.
The “Spark in Our Lives” series of The Arner Adventures Podcast is where we invite people who have lit a spark in us, in one way or another, who have inspired us, who have cultivated the life that they desire, whether that be due to overcoming certain circumstances, or are just going for their dreams. Well, friends, Elise Armitage is a walking example of that.
Let us tell you about Elise Armitage:
Elise Armitage is the writer behind What The Fab, a travel, fashion, and lifestyle blog based in San Francisco and founded in 2012. On What The Fab, Elise shares inspiration with a pinch of zest, served with a side of real talk. She is a firm believer that you can be of both substance and style. At the beginning of 2019, Elise left her corporate job at Google to chase her dreams: being an entrepreneur and helping women find fabulous in the everyday. Elise is also a podcast host of the What the Fab podcast, where I (Shannon) have learned so much, from implementing much of my own scheduling routine with batch work days, working smarter not harder, boundaries, and so much more. Elise is an OG in the content creator/influencer world, and just a badass when it comes to being in the blogger sphere and a true business woman. You are definitely going to want to tune in to this episode.
In this episode we chat about:
- The emotions and drive behind Elise leaving her job at Google.
- The pivot she made as a travel blogger when the pandemic hit in 2020.
- Her true authenticity as an influencer and content creator on social media in an age when that is rare.
- Speaking out against hate crimes on social media as an influencer, and using her platform in a positive way.
- Her upcoming plans for What The Fab, spoiler alert, for those who want to be on the level Elise is on, she is sharing her knowledge!
- Elise answers our 10 rapid fire questions, and the most important question, “What does a life well lived mean to you?”
- How you can find Elise Armitage on her website- What The Fab and on Instagram, and her podcast, What The Fab
- The episode where Elise goes into detail about how she left Google: What The Fab Podcast: Why I Left My Job at Google to Blog Full-Time
- How to purchase the What The Fab Presets
- More info on Elise’s upcoming SEO course
- Sign-up to be “in the know” with our upcoming podcast guest list, and be able to submit questions before we record each episode.
- You can always find us on our blog: arneradventures.com or Instagram: @arneradventures Please let us know your thoughts on this episode, or others. Your feedback means the world to us, so please send us a message and tell us what you think.
Thank you so much for listening. We are so honored that you’re here. If you loved this podcast, we would be so grateful if you could leave us a 5-star review. That way we can be inspired, inspire others, and continue to create more content! It means more than you know! 🙂