It’s not often that you find someone who can make mental health fun, and this guest does that, and we are here for it! We love bringing mental health into the regular conversation, today’s guest does such a great job of that! Today’s “Spark in Our Lives” episode guest is Lindsey Konchar.
There is some subject matter in this podcast conversation surrounding suicide. We highly recommend that if you have the thoughts of harming yourself, you call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 or you can visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ We take the topic of mental health seriously. Please reach out for help if you feel that you are having your own mental health issues or questions at all.
Let us tell you about Lindsey Konchar:
Lindsey is a licensed graduate social worker which basically means she brings some credentialed experience to the mental health world. Lucky for us! Now, she is a mom by day and a social worker by heart. While she has been thrilled to be a stay-at-home mom, she knew she couldn’t lose who she was along the way. That was vital to her! She found a way to use the clinical skills she had developed in her practice, hold on to the work she loved so much and write a friggin’ book (those are her words). It’s called “I Got 99 Coping Skills and Being a B*tch Ain’t One”. Best. Title. Ever!
In this episode we chat about:
- Lindsey’s background in mental health and where her passion came from
- How Linsdey got started in social work
- How she got out of social work
- What motivated her to want to write a friggin’ book
- The format of her book, the people involved, and what it took to get it here
- Various coping skills and the advantages of having them
- Bringing humor to the topic of mental health to normalize the conversation
- Lindsey answers our 10 rapid-fire questions, and the most important question, “What does a life well lived mean to you?”
- To find out more about Lindsey, visit her website or on Instagram.
- Follow Lindsey on Instagram so you can know about her upcoming book launch, and the book’s release date, July 5th!
- Sign-up to be “in the know” with our upcoming podcast guest list.
- You can always find us on our blog or Instagram. Please let us know your thoughts on this episode or others. Your feedback means the world to us, so please send us a message and tell us what you think.
Thank you so much for listening. We are so honored that you’re here. If you loved this podcast, we would be so grateful if you could leave us a 5-star review. That way we can be inspired, inspire others, and continue to create more content! It means more than you know! 🙂