Joe Bains is our guest for this “Spark in Our Lives” episode. Joe completely destroyed his health and became disabled for 6 months with type 2 diabetes. The hospitals couldn’t help him and finally discharged him. He needed 24/7 care; putting him to bed, changing his clothes, showering him, and taking him to the toilet.
He then spent the next 3 years rebuilding his body and health from the inside out and made himself able-bodied again. He was so successful at this that now aged 54 he is at his healthiest and has boundless energy, more than he ever had even in his 20s and 30s.
Joe is a self-proclaimed health freak, does biohacking, and is currently practicing Intermittent Fasting, Keto, cold showers/baths/ wild bathing, and Wim Hof breath work. He has also written a book on healthy living.
Even better? He is a standup comedian – having performed at Brighton, Henley, and Edinburgh Fringes, around other UK venues, and abroad.
We chat with Joe Bains about:
- Joe’s long hospital stay, poor health, and the switch that clicked to make him change his life and health.
- How he broke the mold of Indian tradition when his marriage ended, and he decided to put himself first.
- What is biohacking, and how does it benefit our lives?
- What inspired Joe to become a standup comedian, and how it helped him build his confidence.
- Joe’s healthy practices of keto, fasting, biohacking, and other methods.
- Joe’s program, Effortless Biohacking.
- Joe Bains answers our “Fast Five” questions and the most important question, “What does a life well lived mean to you?”
- You can find more about Joe Bains and Effortless Biohacking here.
- Follow Joe Bains on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Check out Joe’s podcast, Life Hacks here.
- Sign-up to be “in the know” with our upcoming podcast guest list.
- You can always find us on our blog or Instagram. Please let us know your thoughts on this episode or others. Your feedback means the world to us, so please send us a message and tell us what you think.
Thank you so much for listening. We are so honored that you’re here. If you loved this podcast, we would be so grateful if you could leave us a 5-star review. That way we can be inspired, inspire others, and continue to create more content! It means more than you know! 🙂