Following a remarkable coincidence one Saturday morning in June 2014, John McFadzean decided to throw aside a lifetime of fear of failure and try something new. Over the following years, a tiny seed of an idea germinated in John’s brain which eventually led him to embark on a lifetime quest to go stand-up paddle boarding in every country in the world. In 47 countries so far, he still has some way to go. As John says himself, ‘I won’t be finished before Christmas!’
John is a passionate public speaker who loves stand-up paddleboarding. So, as you can imagine, he absolutely loves talking about stand-up paddleboarding. Twice longlisted and commended for the prestigious Bradt New Travel Writer of the Year Award, John is an accomplished storyteller with numerous dramatic, exciting, and humorous stories in his repertoire.
We chat with John McFadzean about:
- How one decision, saying yes, started his SUP journey!
- What inspired John’s quest to paddleboard in every country in the world?
- Wild, funny, and scary stories along his SUP adventures
- Mental life lessons he has taken away from his SUP experiences
- His advice to those who may let fear stand in their way.
- John answers our “Fast Five” questions and the most important question, “What does a life well lived mean to you?”
- You can find John McFadzean on his website and follow his journey on Facebook or Instagram.
- Sign-up to be “in the know” with our upcoming podcast guest list.
- You can always find us on our blog or Instagram. Please let us know your thoughts on this episode or others. Your feedback means the world to us, so please send us a message and tell us what you think.
Thank you so much for listening. We are so honored that you’re here. If you loved this podcast, we would be so grateful if you could leave us a 5-star review. That way we can be inspired, inspire others, and continue to create more content! It means more than you know! 🙂