Elaine Mercedes Mendoza left her safe corporate job in 2015 to pursue a happier life with more freedom. Since then, she has traveled to so many cities and countries around the world that she has lost count. She is a Contributing Author in “Time to Rise” where she was featured and called a “Change-Maker” by The Gandhi Foundation in 2017.
In her upcoming book “Humanized–Life Beyond Labels,” she openly shares her journey growing up in a world that is not always welcoming to those that are not considered the norm. Elaine openly explores and shares the four labels that affected her life: immigrant, Latina, female, and a part of the LGBTQ community.
Her world travels have served as a classroom to help her heal the labels that were once in control of her life and that is very possibly affecting yours and helps us become aware of our own labels that hold us back and the stories we tell ourselves about others.
We chat with Elaine Mendoza about:
- How Elaine pivoted to a path of minimalism to pursue travel.
- The most important lessons Elaine learned from traveling and meeting different people.
- Elaine discusses the power of labels and her experience with them throughout her life.
- What inspired Elaine to share her story around travel and minimalism, and her upcoming novel “Humanized–Life Beyond Labels”.
- Elaine answers our “Fast 5 Questions” and the question we ask all of our guests, “What does a life well lived mean to you?
- Follow Elaine on her Instagram and Facebook to stay up to date!
- Check out Elaine’s TED Talk “The Power of Labels to Change Your Story.”
- If you are interested in the meditation retreat Elaine discusses, you can find more info here: Vipassana
- You can always find us on our blog or Instagram.
- Sign-up to be “in the know” with our upcoming podcast guest list.
- Please let us know your thoughts on this episode or others. Your feedback means the world to us, so please send us a message and tell us what you think.
- Looking for a sponsor we mentioned on this episode? You can find them here.
Thank you so much for listening. We are so honored that you’re here. If you loved this podcast, we would be so grateful if you could leave us a 5-star review/rating. That way we can be inspired, inspire others, and continue to create more content! It means more than you know! 🙂