You have one day in Bimini. Whether you are visiting the port on a cruise, or sailing to the island for a day trip, we have the perfect one-day itinerary for you.
Welcome to Bimini, the stunning Bahamas paradise! In just one day, you’ll discover its unique attractions and unforgettable experiences. Indulge in Bimini Bread’s delicious taste and delve into the island’s culture on a captivating tour.
We’ve told you the Top 9 Things to Do in Bimini if you are staying longer than a day. Now, we are giving you the best way to spend one day in Bimini.
Get up close with the mesmerizing creatures at Dolphin House and explore shipwrecks beneath the turquoise waves. Bask in the sun on pristine beaches and savor local delicacies for lunch.
Bimini Cruise Day at the Port
Whether you seek adventure or relaxation, Bimini has it all! Witness a breathtaking sunset before immersing yourself in the vibrant nightlife. Your one-day adventure awaits on this enchanting island. Let’s make every moment count in tropical paradise!
Morning in Bimini
As the sun rises over the horizon, it’s time to kickstart your day in Bimini with a delightful breakfast that embodies the island’s flavors and culture.
No breakfast in Bimini would be complete without indulging in the island’s most treasured culinary delight – Bimini Bread. This sweet and savory bread is deeply rooted in Bimini’s history and holds immense cultural significance.
Bimini offers a range of charming cafes and eateries where you can savor local delicacies and start your adventure on a delicious note.
- Nate’s Bimini Bread: head over to Bailey Town and grab some of Nate’s authentic Bimini bread. It is the best we have ever tasted!
- Stuarts Conch Stand: A beloved local spot known for its mouthwatering conch dishes, including conch salad and conch fritters. Pair it with a refreshing tropical fruit juice for a quintessential Bahamian breakfast experience.
- Edith’s Pizza: Don’t be fooled by the name; Edith’s also serves a delectable breakfast. Try their “Bahamian Breakfast Platter” featuring Johnny cakes, a traditional Bahamian cornmeal pastry, served with eggs, bacon, and fresh fruit.
- Bimini Big Game Bar & Grill: This waterfront gem offers a picturesque setting to enjoy your breakfast. Try their “Fisherman’s Breakfast” featuring fresh catch of the day, served with sides of your choice.
Even if you arrived on a cruise ship, or a day Bimini cruise through the Bahamas, you must take advantage of every hour, minute, and second on this beautiful island.
- Dolphin House
The Dolphin House, an artistic marvel in Bimini, was created by local artist and historian, Ashley Saunders. This vibrant structure pays homage to the dolphins that grace Bimini’s waters and showcase Ashley’s passion for preserving the island’s cultural heritage.
Its captivating mosaic facade and unique design make it a must-visit attraction. The Dolphin House goes beyond mere art; it’s a spiritual experience, fostering a deep connection with nature and Bimini’s wildlife.
- Snorkeling or Diving
Bimini offers exceptional snorkeling and diving spots for water enthusiasts. Explore the legendary Bimini Road, believed to be remnants of an ancient civilization. Rainbow Reef, Hesperus Wreck, and The Sapona Wreck are teeming with marine life and vibrant coral reefs.
Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned diver, equipment rental shops and tour operators cater to all skill levels. Witness a diverse marine world with colorful tropical fish, graceful stingrays, and the possibility of encountering dolphins or sea turtles.
After an exhilarating morning in Bimini, it’s time to treat your taste buds to the island’s delectable dishes and seafood delights. Bimini’s culinary scene is as vibrant as its landscapes, offering an array of mouthwatering options that will leave you craving for more.
Must-Try Bimini Dishes and Seafood Specialties
- Conch Salad: A Bimini classic, this refreshing dish features fresh conch marinated in a zesty blend of lime, onion, peppers, and tomatoes. The flavors burst in your mouth, and it’s a perfect appetizer to awaken your senses.
- Bimini Breaded Fish Sandwich: Savor the catch of the day in a crispy Bimini Bread coating. This sandwich is a delicious combination of freshly caught fish, homemade Bimini Bread, and flavorful toppings, creating a satisfying lunchtime treat.
- Bahamian Rock Lobster: Indulge in succulent Bahamian rock lobster, a delicacy not to be missed. Grilled to perfection and served with butter or a tangy sauce, it’s a true seafood lover’s delight.
- Cracked Conch: Another conch masterpiece, cracked conch is lightly battered and fried to a crispy golden brown. This Bimini specialty is best enjoyed with a side of plantains or a fresh salad.
After an eventful morning of exploration, it’s time to slow down the pace and indulge in some well-deserved beach relaxation. Bimini boasts some of the most picturesque beaches in the Bahamas, where powdery white sands and crystal-clear waters await, offering the perfect setting to unwind and soak up the sun.
Top Beaches to Unwind and Soak up the Sun
- Bimini Beach Club– If you arrived via Virgin Voyages, you simply must go to the Beach Club at Bimini. This is owned by the cruise line and shares its off days with Resorts World Bimini. This beautiful beach makes you feel like you are at an exclusive resort. You are going to want to travel from the Bimini cruise port to the beach club via a complimentary shuttle.
- Radio Beach: Located on North Bimini, Radio Beach is a favorite among locals and visitors alike. Its calm waters make it ideal for swimming and floating lazily in the sea. Lounge under a palm tree with a good book or simply let the soothing waves lull you into relaxation.
- Blister Beach: Also known as Spook Hill Beach, Blister Beach is a serene and secluded spot. It’s shallow waters and soft sand make it an excellent choice for families or anyone seeking a tranquil beach experience.
- Sapona Beach: Situated near the historic Sapona shipwreck, this beach offers a unique backdrop for relaxation. Its clear waters are perfect for snorkeling, allowing you to explore the marine life just off the shore.
- Paradise Point Beach: Located on South Bimini, Paradise Point Beach lives up to its name with its heavenly scenery. Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea as you sink your toes into the warm sand.
As you settle into your chosen spot, let the stresses of everyday life melt away, and fully embrace the beauty of your surroundings. Bimini’s beaches are not just places to sunbathe; they offer a meditative escape where you can connect with nature and recharge your soul.
Sunset Spectacle & Evening Entertainment
As the sun starts its golden descent, prepare for an enchanting experience—the breathtaking sunset in Bimini. The island offers numerous spots to catch this mesmerizing spectacle.
Capture stunning photographs during the golden hour as the sun paints the sky in vibrant hues. As night falls, embrace Bimini’s vibrant nightlife with restaurants, bars, and clubs. Enjoy seafood delicacies, tropical cocktails, and live music or cultural performances for an authentic experience.
Consider night fishing, stargazing, or a moonlit beach stroll for a memorable evening. Bimini’s charm comes alive at sunset, offering a magical island experience filled with beauty, culture, and joy.
Virgin Voyages Shore Excursions
If you are visiting Bimini via Virgin Voyages, be sure to sign up for the Cultural Tour. It is the best way to see all of the highlights of Bimini Beach Blue sights from Alice Town to Baily Town. You will get the back door, a local view of the island, and feel like a real Biminite when you leave. We did this on our first time on the island and it was the best decision we made.
Bimini Will Cruise Into Your Heart
Bimini, Bahamas, offers an extraordinary day filled with plenty of things to do. The excitement ranges from culture to adventure, and relaxation. From savoring Bimini Bread to exploring shipwrecks, the island’s allure is truly captivating.
Don’t miss the chance to witness the mesmerizing sunset and embrace the vibrant evening entertainment. Plan your unforgettable day in Bimini and share your excitement with us. We’d love to hear if you love Bimini as much as we do!
FAQs | Frequently Asked Questions
It is most certainly safe to do so, but even as small of an island as it is, you may want to bike or ride a golf cart around. There are plenty of things that are walkable near each other in Bailey Town or Alice Town.
Absolutely! We have only said about 100 times how much we adore Bimini. It all started with a one-day stop on a cruise. Now, we want to retire there!
Yes, there is a Hilton Resort and there are plenty of vacation rentals via Airbnb.