We have a “Spark in Our Lives” episode today and our guest is just that. Our guest is Buddy Brooks. Buddy is not only a really cool guy to know, but he also has a really interesting story. He’s super inspirational and motivational, and after you hear the episode you are going to feel just as amped as we do after spending time with him.
Let us tell you about Buddy Brooks:
Buddy Brooks is a public safety leader. Recently he was sworn in as one of the youngest Deputy Fire Chiefs in Eastern North Carolina. Buddy often speaks publicly about leadership. We have some things in common with how we wanted to risk it all to be near the ocean, and we are going to talk about that. Not only is he one of the most positive people we know, but he is also a walking motivational speaker without prompting. He truly is a natural-born leader. On a personal note, Buddy is a speed reader, a Parrothead, a beach lover, and has an oddly strong distaste for mayonnaise. We’re not joking about that last part.
In this episode we chat about:
- Background/thoughts on what led Buddy to become a leader
- Managing mindset, ways to reduce negative thoughts
- Who inspires Buddy as a leader and what motivates him to be a great leader
- The last book he read and what book he recommends everyone read
- How he and his wife were determined to do what it took to live at the beach
- Goals he has for himself: professionally and personally
- The mental health crisis in the fire industry
- Values he wants to pass along to his son
- Buddy answers our 10 rapid-fire questions, and the most important question, “What does a life well lived mean to you?”
- To get in touch with Buddy, you can email him at email@example.com or you can find him on Facebook.
- Buddy’s grill: The RT-700 Wood Pellet Grill
- J. Scott Thompson: The Functional Fire Company: Positioning Small Groups For Success and Survival
- David Goggins: “Can’t Hurt Me
- Sign-up to be “in the know” with our upcoming podcast guest list.
- You can always find us on our blog or Instagram. Please let us know your thoughts on this episode or others. Your feedback means the world to us, so please send us a message and tell us what you think.
Thank you so much for listening. We are so honored that you’re here. If you loved this podcast, we would be so grateful if you could leave us a 5-star review. That way we can be inspired, inspire others, and continue to create more content! It means more than you know! 🙂